Level 2 food safety courses from High Speed Training
Individuals working across the food sector in the UK are legally responsible for ensuring all food handled is fit for human consumption. This means most people working within the food sector require appropriate training to achieve an understanding of food hygiene, food hazards and contamination issues. High Speed Training offer Level 2 Safety and Hygiene training for retail and for manufacturing industries at an affordable price of just £20 per delegate.
Food Safety Training Level 2
The Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate is a good all-round qualification for all food handlers. Some of the training offered in this short course includes:
– Opening and closing checks which ensure all equipment and food is up to standard at the start and end of every business day
– Date coding system which will help identify any food products reaching their end dates and training on stock rotation is also provided
– Cross-contamination hazards which provides information about the microbiological, chemical, physical and allergen contaminants that can impact on foods handled in the workplace. The way in which cross-contamination can spread harmful bacteria throughout any food environment is covered in detail and education on the best way to store foods and dispose of all waste are also discussed
– Cleaning to the standards required within any food establishment
– Chilling and defrosting frozen foods appropriately in the workplace and ways of checking appliance temperatures
– Cooking and the safe methods of reheating foods which will include training in the use of probe thermometers
– Food safety management and systems that can be used to manage hazards, record keeping, and all associated administration. Inspections and setting up a comprehensive food management system are covered in this module
Although food safety training level 2 is not essential for all UK food handling roles, it is a useful certificate for any worker in the food sector to hold.
Get in touch with High Speed Training today to find out more about our superb Level 2 food safety training. Our training meets all required standards and delegates will be provided with an instant digital certificate following completion of the course.